Thursday 11 February 2016

Favourite Food Blogs

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Like I have said time and time again (see here for proof), I am a healthy eating fanatic. As hard as I find it to resist a piece of chocolate (and trust me, I do), I enjoy eating well, getting creative with classic ingredients like fruit and veg. But, because I’m generally not the most innovative chef, I like to find my inspiration while flicking through cookbooks or scrolling through blogs. Actually, if I'm honest, I never actually cook (unless toast counts), but nevertheless I still love to scroll through endless photos of delicious meals. Even doing this is perfect to motivate me to be as healthy as I can be. Seeing as I have talked about almost too many times, I thought I would share with you all my favourite food blogs I use to gather inspiration (or drool over the amazing photos). In no particular order…




This was one of my first foodie blog discoveries and is one I love to explore when in need of inspiration (not that I'll end up cooking), or even when I’m feeling bored. Ella has everything on this blog and even has two cookbooks out (see here & here). She posts recipes for snacks, salads, desserts; practically anything you’re in the mood for. Brilliant inspiration to motivate you to eat healthy! All her recipes are gluten-dairy free, too.




This is one for the more creative, exciting cook who has time to kill in the kitchen. These recipes are pretty out there, but all incredibly healthy. On their blog you will find every single category of food known to man, there is nothing that won’t suit a certain event or TV-dinner. The authors, sisters Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley, have two cookbooks out (here & here), which are very, very inspirational.




Madeline Shaw creates amazing recipes on her blog and in her books (buy them here & here). Madeline’s philosophy is all about eating food that makes you feel happy both inside and out, using the best, organic produce. This includes making her recipes simple, affordable and delicious, so perfect for any beginner. She even has an app that you can use as well as her recipes.




This is my newest foodie blog discovery. Angela, the author, runs this plant-based, meat and dairy free food blog where she has over 500 healthy, vegan recipes. The pictures are amazing and make me want to drool over my keyboard. Not only that, but she also has a cookbook out, so there is no end to your foodspiration!


There you have it, my 4 favourite foodie blogs for the health fanatics out there. Just remember - never deprive yourself of the oh-so-holy chocolate we need to survive! Where do you find your foodspiration?

Niamh x

2 comments

  1. I love Deliciously Ella & Oh She Glows! Another one of my favorite food blogs is http://minimalistbaker.com/. She has THE best vegan recipes.

    Kate from kateboheme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of her, but I'd love to have a look! Thanks for the suggestion Kate :) xx

      Delete

Blog Design by The Blog Store