Monday 18 January 2016

Current Body Care Medley

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

As dreadful as January can be, it is a month that leaves lots of time open to self care. And by self care, I mean time to pamper. My skin is always very dry, and especially cracked in winter, and I hate the feeling of it. Luckily, I was all set to give my skin some TLC after Christmas, as my drawers were loaded with products to use (although I have included some old but gold products, too). I’ve put together a bunch of my recent favourite body care products that I use on a daily to weekly basis. Enjoy!

As much as I wish I took more baths, I find I rarely have the time. Showers are quick and easy hop-in-hop-out ways to get clean, so this is usually what I opt for. Before hopping into the shower, I like to lather on Lush’s Rub Rub Rub, an exfoliating sea salt scrub that happens to be a peculiar blue colour.. I’ll rub it off in the shower and it gets rid of all the dead skin cells. I love this scrub a ton, so I’m excited to try out more of Lush’s products! If I’m not washing my hair, I’ll only use Cowshed’s Wild Cow shower gel and I’m done.

I often have 2 choices for body lotions/butters. My first choice is another Cowshed product, this time their body lotion in the scent Horny Cow. A couple of my friends didn’t particularly like the smell but I find it delicious. The bottle says that the scent is created with rose absolute, patchouli and cinnamon. I love it, but I have to warn you, it depends on the person. My second choice is The Body Shop’s Coconut Body Butter. Ahhh, this is delicious. If you’re a fan of coconuts and soft, hydrated skin, this is the product for you! This butter feels amazing to lather on and the smell...so coconutty I want to eat it!

Onto my hands. Because my hands get really dry and cracked during winter, I always need to have a hand-cream savior in every bag I own, just in case. My current one is a common favourite among those with dry skin, and it is my L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream for dry skin. This feels so luxurious to put on and it doesn’t have an overpowering scent. It leaves my hands hydrated for a surprisingly long amount of time, so I rarely need to apply more than twice or three times a day.

Now to my face. Generally, I’m not a big face mask person. If you saw my post on skincare, you’ll know I have incredibly sensitive skin. So, because of that, many masks often leave my face feeling irritated and red. However, one I’ve found that works a treat is Caudalie’s Instant Detox Face Mask. I usually leave this on for 10 minutes until it dries, then wash off with a damp facecloth. It makes my skin feel so purified and clean, and like the tube says, my pores are ‘deeply cleansed and minimized’. Finally, because if my body is dry it means my lips are dry as well, I use a classic tub of Carmex. This stuff is brilliant, it heals my chapped and broken lips and moisturizes them, too. It is quite heavy, but for lips that dry out quickly it is fine for everyday wear, but I tend to go very OTT before bed. For some reason, I can never get to sleep with dry lips, and Carmex is the longest lasting lip balm I have found. A perfect match!

Last but not least, a calming, serene body spray from Rituals; their Chakra Water. I like to spray this on my pillow before I go to sleep and on my body when I want to relax and wind down. It is really calming and smells amazing, of Indian Rose and Himalayan Honey. The scent is so calming it acts as an instant stress relief.

Hope you enjoyed! What are your body care necessities?

Niamh x

2 comments

  1. I love your routine, lush is my favourite you do need to try more of the products!! I've had the same inspiration in January, to look after my body and give it some good tlc hahah! Great blog

    Denbraberbeauty.blogspot.com
    Demi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it means a lot! I've planned my Saturday afternoon already: Lush haul! ...to be fair, it might break the bank but it's good for ma body :) Niamh xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store